We’re starting them early. I figure any time is a good time to learn responsibility. And when both parents work outside the home…let’s be honest, it’s more like survival.
Chores for young children. When the girls were two we began with very simple things like putting away their toys at the end of each day, and it’s now evolved into a larger responsibilities.
I’m amazed by the change I’ve seen in them. And as an added bonus, they feel so accomplished.
Here are a few ideas for 4-year old chores.
1. Folding their blankets and straightening the bed each morning.
2. Moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, and from the dryer to the laundry basket. And as a new trick, they can now fold the wash clothes. Yea!
3. Putting their dirty clothes into the laundry basket at the end of each day.
4. Drying the plastic containers and cups from the dishwasher and putting them away.
5. Watering the plants (with supervision).
6. Raking the leaves outdoors.
7. Matching socks after the laundry is done.
These girls make me so proud!
What tips do you have for growing responsibility?
My best to you.